Monday, September 10, 2012

Back to School: Part 2

 Here they are:  the official Back to School 2012 photos!
 
Pyper is in 3rd grade at South Meadows Elementary and is in Mrs. Stubbs' class.

Hakan goes to North Creek Elementary and is in Mrs. Tracht's (rhymes with yacht) 1st grade class.
 
Both kids are super excited for this school year.  They're eager to make new friends, get comfortable with their new schools and learn a lot!

Pyper's school is a couple of blocks from our house and is for grades 3-5.

Hakan's school is for K-2 and is a little too far to walk, and in the opposite direction from Pyper's school.  

Luckily Aaron was home for the first day of school, so he drove Hakan and the little boys and I walked Pyper to school.  I wish this photo was better, but it's from my phone.  She was super excited to use all the hooks and shelf in her locker.  Silly girl.  ;)

I walked her into her classroom, said hello to her teacher and she got straight to work on a sheet that was laying on her desk.  By the time I got to the door she had already grown a few inches and aged five more years in my eyes.

The report I got from Aaron was that Hakan's school was crazy that morning but he got to class just fine.  I think he was just as eager as Pyper to get the show on the road!

Finnley, Rowan and I drove to Ann Arbor for the day to do some shopping.  Walking home from school Finn was being mopey and missing his big brother and sister.  This little ride at the store cheered him right up.

And one more big event for the day, Aaron came home with a new (to him) Mitsubishi Eclipse!  I'm so glad he finally has a reliable (and stylish) car to drive! 
 
He drove our old 1998 Oldsmobile 88 for far too long. So long, in fact, that when he went to get the oil changed the last time, the guy told him it just wasn't worth it and wouldn't change it. We donated the car before leaving California. It served us well, but hasn't been missed.

3 comments:

Anderson Family said...

Aaron - what's up with having 4 kids and buying a 2 door car? What were you thinking? ;) Dean

Aaron Hillgrove said...

...of myself :)

Anderson Family said...

Ahh - that explains it. Really it was just jealousy talking. Nice ride, though. I have a 2 door myself now, but it's an '89 Ford Ranger. Not the same at all. Dean