Thursday, November 12, 2009

Birthday Girls

Pyper and I have birthdays that are 3 weeks apart. Sadly, I've waited nearly a month to blog about either of them. I should be flogged.

Anyway, for Pyper's sixth birthday we just had a fun family day. We drove into Boise and surprised the kids with a couple of hours to play at Planet Kid. It's just a giant indoor playground with slides, tubes, rope ladders, a ball pit, a zip line, and lots of other things to climb on, slide down, crawl through and have fun with.

The ball pit was an instant hit. They'd never seen one before.

Finn and I enjoyed a littler version of a ball pit in the baby area.












We took a little break and let Pyper open a few of her presents.



Later the kids had a birthday party for a neighbor to go to. After that Pyper opened a few more presents before she and Aaron had to scoot over to the church for the Primary program practice.


They all liked the pack of Bakugans.


And finally, right before bed, we had some cake and ice cream.




On November 7th I turned 29. I wasn't exactly looking forward to it, but the day turned out to be unexpectedly pleasant.

In the morning Aaron sent me to Nampa at 9:00 with a box, which I was instructed to open when I got there. Inside was a gift card to a local spa and an appointment for a one hour massage, as well as some candy, two boxes of flan mix and a coupon to go buy some dirty socks (or whatever else I wanted to get) at the thrift store.

For lunch we went to one of my favorite restaurants: Joe's Crab Shack. Aaron and I got big steam pots of crab, corn on the cob and red potatoes. Sooooo yummy.

The kids got a hold of the camera while we were waiting.



Another year older, another year.... nope. Never mind.



That evening for my birthday cake Aaron made us all individual flans.

He and the kids sang "Happy Birthday" to me...

...which I got a kick out of.

And now I'm 29. Not as painful as I thought it would be. In fact, turning 29 was pretty darn nice. :)

2 comments:

Kory Jane said...

Happy belated birthday Sarah!! Enjoy that 29....I hated my last 30 birthday. I will never be in my twenties again..tear. Oh well, I think I am content with things now. You look great by the way.

Beth, Cody, Morgan, Pepper, Hazel said...

Happy belated birthday. I thought 29 was pretty good and 30 is working out so far so nothing to fear! You look gorgeous. Your hair always looks so awesome in photos. I hope you are having the time of your life with all your family. Give them a Happy Thanksgiving shout out from us!