Monday, November 23, 2009

@ The Dunes

The kids and I arrived at my parents' house last night around 6:30. We drove down to Salt Lake with Aaron on Friday and spent the night at his brother's house in Clearfield. Saturday was spent hanging out with Brent's family then on Sunday I dropped Aaron off at the airport for his business trip to Mexico, then headed to Orem to meet up with my parents. They'd come up for the weekend to go to the BYU vs. Air Force game with my Dad's cousin. We had some lunch then headed towards southern Utah to their house.

We had a small adventure when we stopped in Beaver to gas up. This particular Chevron had a service station attached to it, so while I was pumping my gas a guy came out and started washing my windows and mirrors, checking my tire pressure and then got on his hands and knees and looked underneath my car. I didn't know why he was doing all that, or if he was expecting a tip or something, but I just stood there and let him finish. When he got to the back he said something like, "Whoa. That tire is about to blow." I crouched down and looked, and there was a strip on the inside edge of our back right tire that had worn down to the inner tube. All I could say was, "Crap." He had me pull into a service bay then hoisted the car up so me & Dad could get a good look at all of the tires. Turns out they were all in pretty sad shape, but that back right was by far the worst. He said replacing just that one wasn't a good idea because it would cause the one opposite it to wear even faster, so instead of spending $625 to replace all 4 (like he strongly suggested), I bought two used ones that were in really good condition for $100. Even though I couldn't get hold of Aaron (he was probably in the air somewhere between Phoenix and Mexico) I felt good about doing that and then we could take care of the other two later. Twenty minutes and some Dairy Queen treats later and we were on our way.

Aaron will be working in Mexico until Wednesday when he'll fly into Las Vegas then take a shuttle to St. George so he can join us here for Thanksgiving. Wednesday is also when Mommer and Popper, Bryce and Dena, and Keith and Rachelle will arrive. I'm so excited! I get to spend a whole week here, and part of that time I'll get to spend with some of my most favorite people. I love being able to be with family during the holidays, and I feel so so lucky that we get to do that so often. My family is so important to me and I am so very grateful for each of them. We all get along so well and when we're together it's just perfect.

1 comment:

Kory Jane said...

It is so nice to be looked after by our Heavenly Father. If that guy wouldn't have looked at your car, you could of blown the tire while driving and been in a really bad accident. I am glad that things are ok with your car. Tires are the pits. We seem to have the worst luck with them.