Friday, February 5, 2010

Hello sunshine!

All morning I've had the words to "Rainy days and Mondays" in my head.

Hanging around, nothing to do but frown

Rainy days and Mondays always get me down

It's been a rainy day.

My Facebook status today says: "I've raised all the blinds downstairs in an attempt to let in as much sunlight as possible. Still, there's not much." I wrote that at about noon. Ten minutes later, I was in the guest room with the kids and saw this.

Then about 10 seconds after that the song "Here Comes the Sun" by the Beatles came on my iTunes. I kid you not! I laid my head on the windowsill and listened, soaking up the sunshine while the kids played on the floor.

I had to have them join me to enjoy... just for a second.

Who knows how long it will stay, but I'm so happy to see the sun.

Can I just stay in this spot all day?

Nope. Lunch is half an hour late.

2 comments:

ToDd said...

Finn must not have got the "don't open your eyes for the photo" memo. or maybe he's just a baby and doesn't know how to read. either one i guess.

Anderson Family said...

Your post made me smile--thanks, sunshine!

I miss you guys!
XOXO
Grandma Pam