
Aaron has been job hunting for a few months and has had a lot of interest in him, but one company moved quicker with the whole process and made him an outstanding offer which he's decided to accept. It's called Dawn Food Products and the plant he's going to work for is located in Modesto, California. Here's a map, if that helps.
I think one of the best parts of this move will be living so close to a lot of family. The pink dots on the map represent where members of mine or Aaron's family live- parents, grandparents, siblings, aunts, uncles and cousins. We hit the motherload!!
So here are some details: Aaron's first day of work is scheduled to be January 3.
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Okay, now that I got that out... Needless to say we've got a lot to do. Christmas in the middle of all of this complicates things, but the company is moving us so that will be a HUGE help. We hope to be able to make a trip out there during the break to look for housing, come back home for Christmas and for Aaron to work his last week then he'll head back to Modesto to start working at Dawn. The kids and I will stay behind for another week to get the house here packed and cleaned and then Aaron will fly back to drive us all out there. At least that's what we were thinking we'll do.
The coming changes have already caused emotions to run high, but that isn't surprising. We've gotten so comfortable here and have a lot of friends that we're going to miss terribly. We also really like this particular area and honestly I thought we'd end up here for the long term.
I won't rattle on and on, but I'll finish by saying that while I'm not glad to be leaving Caldwell, I know that this is the beginning of another chapter of our lives, which is nothing if not exciting.
Sunday, December 12, 2010
In case you haven't heard...
We're moving.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I have been thinking about you guys a lot (not 'alot'--you don't need to be worrying about any pets right now, especially large ones...) I am proud of you for being very brave--sounds like your dad and I when you kids were young--how many different houses/places have we lived in the last 30+ years?!? Adventure is right!! I know that you will survive the move becuase you have wonderful friends and family super willing to help you in any way they can. We are also all praying this will go smoothly as possible.
XOXO
Mom
Wow....that was a surprise. Congrats on the job and I hope things go smoothly with the move. I know how that can suck.
Post a Comment