Monday, May 14, 2012

Mother's Day 2012

I LOVE that Mother's Day is always on a Sunday. Whoever decided to make it so was a genius. Sundays are my relaxation day. Sunday means my sole obligation and duty are to get my family to church on time and try to spiritually recharge myself. Sundays are when we're all at home together, doing nothing together. I love it! For the past few years on Mother's Day I've made the kids sit with me so we can get a photo of us together. I tried finding as many as I could but only came up with a couple. How sad is it that I didn't do this starting with my very first Mother's Day back in 2004?? Yeah, I'm super bummed about that. Here's 2009..

...2010...
and 2011.
(I just noticed that I seem to have some freakish obsession with my Mother's Day outfits. I'm wearing the SAME shirt and the SAME skirt in 2009 and 2010. I'm also wearing the same cardigan in 2010 and 2011, and in 2012 I'm wearing the same skirt as '09 and '10 and same earrings from 2010!!  Branch out a little bit, Sarah! Sheesh. SOOO embarrassing.)

Anyway, I shared some of this year's attempts on Facebook recently, but wanted to be sure and post them here as well. Aaron got a little trigger-happy, but some of these crack me up. Maybe someday getting a good Mother's Day photo won't take fifteen minutes and 30+ shots.












WE HAVE A WINNER!

I also wanted to share the sweet gifts my family gave me this year.  Aaron had this lovely rose on the breakfast table for me, along with a meal I didn't have to make!  :)

Pyper made this sweet wooden block at Activity Days and created a darling card to go with it.

Hakan and Pyper each made me a card at church.  They start off with some lyrics to a Primary song, then it says "I'm so glad that Heavenly Father gave me you, because..." and they got to fill in the rest.  Pyper wrote, "you do a wanderful gob taking care of us wile dad is gone. xoxo"  and Hakan wrote "mom will woch me!  I love you!"  Such sweeties!

At school Hakan made me an adorable Popsicle stick and puzzle piece frame with his picture inside, and an adorable drawing.

My favorite part was on the back!  :)
I'll never get tired of their handmade gifts. They're so heartfelt and I love the smiles on their faces and the sparkles in their eyes when they give them to me. Makes me tear up every time!

2 comments:

taylor said...

I absolutely love it all! I can't wait till mine are old enough to do handmade gifts! The pictures are precious! I think I'm going to start that every year. What a great idea! :) And I love all of the "bloopers"...my favorite! :)

Anderson Family said...

I agree--Mother's Day on Sunday is genius!! I love my sweetie kids and can just imagin the banter that went on during the photo shoot! Totally worth the efforts...