
Despite all the griping I do, there's something about being pregnant that I love. Actually, lots of somethings.
Right now my little bun is rolling and kicking and moving around like mad. He's twitching all over and I wonder if he's playing or stretching or just trying to get back into a comfortable position. I love that Aaron and the kids can put their hand on my belly and feel those little (and sometimes not so little) nudges. I love looking down and watching a tiny elbow or knee create that sort of wave that moves from one side of my stomach to the other, then disappears. This little boy gets the hiccups almost everyday, and I love that.
I love having a good excuse for my chubby face. Sometimes it makes me a little gloomy to look in the mirror and see the roundness that I've developed in my cheeks, but the roundness of my belly makes that okay.
I love that people offer me their chair or a seat on a cozy couch rather than standing or sitting on the floor. I am almost always obliged to take them up on their offers, and am always appreciative whether I accept them or not.
I really love knowing that my baby now looks like a baby. I am in my 27th week, which means that he has developed into an ever so tiny version of what he'll be when he is born.
Finally, I love how amazing- amazing- it is to realize that I am making someone. A person. A life. I am growing this little boy who will one day look at me and talk to me and hug me and love me, and I will love him right back. I am so grateful that Heavenly Father is allowing me to do this; that He has given me a body capable of such a task and trusts me enough to raise His children in this world.
This list could go on and on, but I have two other children who need tucking into bed. So I'll leave it at this for now. Just wanted to write these things down while I was thinking about them.
6 comments:
I couldn't agree more. I love the picture by the way. What a cute idea.
i don't know if this is funny or not but when i first saw the picture, i thought it was the top of hakan's head. i thought your belly button was his nose. haha.
LOL! I am DYING over Todd's comment!
ANYway, what I was GOING to say, was that, Sarah, you almost put a little twinge of baby-hungriness in me. Almost, but not quite. I do love all those same things about being pregnant.
OK, way to make me cry! ~Aunt Tricia
What a great post and something you can enjoy reading to your new little guy later in life. It is pretty amazing what we ladies can do! A great post to help me feel grateful for being pregnant even when I feel horrible. This too will pass and in the end I'll have a wonderful little person to love on!
Yeah I agree with Aunt Tricia... you made me want to cry! So sweet. 27 weeks Sarah, yay!
Post a Comment