Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Snow day

We got a few more inches of snow last night, so this morning I finally agreed to let the kids go outside and play in it. They've been begging ever since our first good snowfall a few days ago, but it's been so windy that I haven't really wanted them out there. Today is calm so I turned them loose in the backyard with 3 layers of clothing, hats, gloves, snow boots & snow pants on. They stayed out there quite a while, much longer than I expected. I had time to wash some dishes, wipe down my kitchen and make some hot cocoa, all while listening to Christmas music on the radio. Aaahhh, it was nice.

They really did have a good time out there. Freaks.




Hakan was the first to get his fill. He came in crusted with ice and dripping at the nose, cheeks bright red and ready to get warm.

Hot chocolate with marshmallows...

...makes everything better!

Pyper, the snow junkie, only came in because she saw us enjoying our cocoa. She must be an Idaho native!

5 comments:

Kory Jane said...

I love the last picture of Hakan...he looks like he is totally enjoying that Hot cocoa. I feel the same way when I get to have some. I don't miss the snow that is for sure, although I think I would rather have the snow than the lovely ice storms we get here. Congrats on your third trimester. We are almost done!!!

Bryce 'n Dena said...

goofballs...

Amy S. said...

Those pictures are hilarious! Wow, it's amazing what chocolate can do!

taylor said...

I'm with Hakan. I like it for just a little bit then I want to come in and get warm! LOVE the pictures. Hakan cracks me up.

ToDd said...

hakan looks like the kid from a christmas story that can't put his arms down because of all his snow gear. and kristen is just like pyper....she's a snow junkie.