
Obviously my camera battery has been returned to me (thanks Mom & Jennifer!), but I'm still going through vacation photos and trying to decide which ones should be shared. Until I figure that out, I just had to snap a few shots of the most beautiful thing in my house right now.

I snagged a bag of these perfect cherries at Wal-Mart yesterday. At $1.50 per pound, I couldn't just walk past. So I paused, caught a whiff, and I was done for. I reached for a bag, even as my food budget was screaming in my head, "Don't! You don't need those! They're not even on the LIST!!"
But I disagreed.
I DO need them.
Each and every one is firm and sweetly ripe. Not a mushy or moldy one in the bunch. And on my quest to lose 10 pounds before Keith & Rachelle's wedding, I need something healthy to satisfy my saboteur of a sweet tooth.
My only regret in getting these is that I didn't hide them from the kids. This morning I discovered Hakan standing with the fridge door open, looking extremely guilty with bright red juice on his fingers, face and pajamas. I found about 20 half-eaten cherries that he'd spit back into the bag.
Guess I should've gotten up to get him some cereal when he asked...
twice.
Now I ask you, is there anything better than this?

Well, maybe this. :)
3 comments:
Oh delicious! I love a good bag of cherries!
It was SOOO worth it getting the camera battery back to you! Your blog entries always make me smile--you are so clever.
One thing though--where is the picture of the guilty party with the telltale red fingers?
Mom
Oh, and a P.S.
I like the new look of your blog; especially the updated family photo! It will always remind me of how much I enjoyed having you and the kiddles here at the sand dunes!
Mom
Post a Comment