In Utah.
A million miles away.
Okay, not a million miles, but far enough that I have to wait for the mailman to bring it back. I'm dying without it! I missed being able to take pictures at the kids' first swimming lesson on Monday- bah! You know, when you travel you always have to forget something, but why did it have to be that???
Anyway, it should be arriving any day. In the meantime I thought I'd share some photos of a camping trip we took last month. How I've managed NOT to blog this yet, I'll never know.
We attended our ward's overnight camp out at the Givens Hot Springs at the end of June. We were all really excited because we could go camping with friends, still have "facilities" to use, and we didn't have to bring much other than our tent and sleeping stuff.
When we arrived it had started to rain, so we quickly set up our tents then went into the pool house to let the kids swim. The water was of course from the hot springs, so it was like a big chlorinated bathtub.
Um, ew.
Sarah, did NOT swim.
Instead I watched and took photos of Aaron and the kids enjoying themselves.



Since there was only one of us in the pool, it was nice that it had a very shallow area where one kid could wait while Aaron took the other into the deeper end with him. As you can see, Hakan did not like waiting.

After swimming the rain had (basically) let up, so we had a potluck dinner and then s'mores.
Aaron called to me then took this picture. He says I look mean. That's just my relaxed face. Is my relaxed face mean??




We let the kids stay up waaay later than they're used to, so they went to sleep pretty well. The adults sat around the campfire talking and laughing and having a good time. I think the most fun conversation was when we started talking about sleepwalking and found out that one of the brothers in our ward is a terrible sleepwalker. Like, 5 or 6 nights a week! He and his wife recounted a bunch of his nighttime adventures acting out his dreams. Lemme tell ya, that was some crazy stuff.
Anyway, the next morning we had a nice breakfast then broke camp and went home. It was a really relaxing, enjoyable trip for us and made me want to try to do more camping with our kids while the weather is still warm enough. We'll see.
No comments:
Post a Comment