Saturday, July 25, 2009

Vacation, Part 1: Coral Pink Sand Dunes State Park / Kanab, UT

I decided to give the 'ole blog a little face lift. Like it? Figured it was about time I include little Finnley in the blog header, since he's a big part of my sweet, simple life.

Anyway, time to tackle the gigantic vacation post. I'm going to take a cue from my friend Beth and do minimal typing for this one, since we all know that it's the pictures you come here to see anyway, right? Right.

I'll probably give some narration along the way, but otherwise, enjoy the photos!



We drove down to Salt Lake on the 2nd and spent the night at Aaron's brother Brent's place. Friday we made the rest of the drive to southern Utah to my folks' house at the sand dunes.

The next day being Independence Day, there were plenty of activities to participate in! While Aaron & Dad went golfing, Mom and I took the kids downtown to watch the parade.




The guy dressed as Spiderman was the star, as far as my kids were concerned. He stayed crouched on top of that truck through the whole parade. Hope he booked a massage for the next day.

Pyper & Hakan looking more bored than patriotic in their homemade star tees.





I have no idea what they're so giddy about here- probably Spiderman.

After the parade we headed down the street and let the kids play at the splash park.



Hakan decided he'd rather turn a random, useless wheel than get wet.

Later at Mom & Dad's there was a fire for roasting hot dogs...

... and of course marshmallows for s'mores.

During the week Pyper would rope whoever she could into a game of Go Fish or War (and usually win).

Aaron and I got to go for a little walk by ourselves before he had to start making his way back home on Monday.

That evening me, Mom and Jennifer took the kids to the city pool for Family Night. I must've gone around that lazy river 20 times with them, but they loved it!






The rest of our days were filled with movie watching, nature walks, game playing...





four wheeler riding...



...and just enjoying the big sandbox in the back yard.



To be continued!









3 comments:

Amy S. said...

Cute vacay pictures. And I love the face lift!

Anderson Family said...

Well 'said'!

Mom

ToDd said...

what is hakan doing in that last jenga picture?