Buuuut, I have costumes from Halloweens past that I could recycle for Hakan and Finnley.
For instance, I have this monkey costume that Pyper wore when she was a year old that hasn't been reused yet.

I haven't tried it on Finn yet so it may be way too big, but I hate to just keep it in a plastic bag in the garage if he could possibly wear it this year. I mean, what's the point of putting all that work into a costume (especially the baby ones) only for it to get worn once?
Then there's Pyper's dragon costume from Halloween '07. She still loves it and wears it around the house even though the feet are now up to her shins.
Again, it may be too big, but she's given me permission to let Hakan wear it this year if I make her a lion costume.
So I'm torn. Do I reuse costumes that I already have or do I make something new and fun for everyone?
3 comments:
One word - recycle. Saves time, energy and resources. Dad
I disagree. New and fun, because that's a lot more entertaining for me. (: haha
I won't be any help--make new costumes if you have the time, resources & REALLY want to. Otherwise, if your good idea can be used next year, then recycle the old ones--that's what we did very often in years past. Mom
Post a Comment