ANYWAY, my blogging has suffered because the guest room is where my computer is, and I usually sit down to blog when the kids are asleep. But I don't like being on the computer when Finn's trying to sleep just a few feet away. Despite the white noise of ocean waves that I always put on, the clicking of the keyboard seems to disturb him.
Right now Finnley is crawling around the living room, Aaron is on his computer, Pyper and Hakan are coloring at the table and dinner is in the oven, so I'm going to get started on a catch-up post for you.
Memorial Day weekend Aaron's friend, Brigham, drove down from Seattle on his motorcycle and stayed with us for a couple of days. He gave each of the kids a little ride up and down the street on his bike, which they thought was very cool.
.jpg)
As I mentioned in a previous post, Hakan's preschool class had their field trip to the local fire station. Because Pyper doesn't go to school on Wednesdays, she was able to come as well.
.jpg)
+(Large).jpg)
+(Large).jpg)
+(Large).jpg)
The tour was quick and thorough, but somehow our guide forgot to talk to the kids about not pulling fire alarms, even though I requested it specifically. Ah, well. I think that's something my kids have learned, at least. (This is our class, minus two, plus 3 siblings {Pyper, Finn & the little girl being held} and a neighbor {girl with sunglasses}.)
I just love this little boy's sweet face.+(Large).jpg)
+(Large).jpg)
He really wanted my camera.
+(Large).jpg)
Super Hakan on wheels.
+(Large).jpg)
Sometimes Finn gets to sit at the table with us.
.jpg)
He thinks he's big now.
.jpg)
The other day two of the girls next door came over to play. Ella and Pyper were playing downstairs when I noticed that Maya and Hakan were being awfully quiet upstairs.
I took a break from fixing dinner and walked to the bottom of the stairs to holler, "Hakan?"
No answer.
"Hakan!"
No answer.
"HAKAN!!"
Finally, "What?"
"What are you guys doing?"
"Maya's being doctor in my room."
"Um, okay... Are you dressed?"
"Yeah!"
*phew*
Aren't they cute?
+(Large).jpg)
Lastly, Finnley is now crawling. He's been getting around Army-style for quite some time, but this past weekend he got the hands and knees method going. He seems to only do it when he's upset and trying to catch me. Weird, huh?
1 comment:
Great post - loved the pictures! Thanks! Dad
Post a Comment