Thursday, September 10, 2009

A quick tirade

I've been searching online for a dress to wear to my brother's wedding for like, weeks, and I've HAD IT! I've come to determine that the main reason for my difficulty and frustration is that there aren't enough manufacturers of MODEST clothing out there! I mean seriously, do they think that everyone has perfectly svelt legs and can wear a dress that barely covers the essentials? Or that everyone wants to go around wearing dresses that look like lingerie??

Yes, I know I'm pushing 30, but am I really too old to be browsing Anthropolgie? Because that's how I feel! And yes, I know the store's name is Forever21 and I'm no longer 21, but does that mean they can't carry a dress or even a skirt that isn't see-through or barely more than 6" long?

Guess I'll have to stick with JCPenney.

To Forever21 and Anthropologie- bite me.

3 comments:

Kory Jane said...

That is why I just don't shop anymore. It just gets depressing when you try to squeeze into tiny outfits and see garments everywhere. And the only clothes that do cover are made for 80 year old and are floral print. Maybe we should go into business and design some modest very chic clothes. ok who am I fooling, but maybe it would be a good idea for you to venture into. I just have no fashion sense or talent in sewing.

Jared and Tara said...

You've probably already heard of the site, but one of my favorite places to browse modest dresses is www.shabbyapple.com . I agree with you though, clothes shopping can be so frustrating!

Keith said...

Now I feel bad ... Sarah, you can wear what ever you want, something you already have. For real, I don't want you going to all the trouble. I for one hate shopping for dresses and completely sympathize.