I just wanted to pop in really quickly to say thank you for your comments. I'm glad that last post was amusing. Really, I'm not being sarcastic. Sometimes I get so wrapped up in what's going on and how I'm feeling about it that I forget that to others these things can actually be funny. And you guys are right- it will make for a good story.
As completely mortifying and utterly horrible as yesterday was, I'm glad I wrote about it. This is, after all, my family's journal. It's become a wonderful way for me to document the events of our lives and I often look back on it and feel glad that I take the time to write these things down.
Luckily, yesterday is over now and things are better. My back is on the mend which means I can get back to my day-to-day routine and maybe get some stuff done around here. It also helps that today Pyper has school and Hakan is at preschool this morning.
Aaaaahhhhhhh. Hello, Thursday. So nice to see you!
4 comments:
Dad here. Not a great start to the week for either of us. I was working Monday in the rock shop and drilling holes in some strap steel for something we needed, and the drill bit caught on the strap and spun it around too fast to get out of the way and it hit the back of my thumbnail a lick, spun a couple more times to pick up speed, then broke the drill bit and spun off into my stomach. Fortunately, the stomach is padded, so I only got bruised there. But the left thumb is a thing of beauty. I may have to post a picture on the other blog. Needless to say, I feel your pain. Hope the rest of the week goes better. I don't remember having to deal with a false fire alarm among the six of you, unless there's something one of you would like to confess. It would have been interesting to see Hakan's face when the alarm started going off, though. :} Thank you for not killing him on the spot (the urge was there, I know). Hang in there and call this experience a good one to look back on. Dad
Hi Sarah,
I'm glad today is a 'quiet' day for you and that you can relax a bit. I hope your back feels better soon.
I know the day was very stressful for you, but I do have to say as an outside observer I found it very cute. I've had those days too where I wasn't sure if I was going to have two kids by the end of the day. :)
Reading posts like yesterday's gives me hope because I realize your kids aren't perfect either. Maybe it is frustrated mommies love company or something like that.
So I just read your last post after this one and I have to admit I had a good laugh. Everything is always more entertaining when it happens to someone else. But that will go in the memories for you. I always wondered what would happen if you pulled those things. Question answered.
Sarah, Thanks so much for the chuckle!!! My friend pull the fire alarm when we were at school. It was after hours and there was a school board meeting going on. We hid in the bathroom (standing on the toilets) while everyone came to investigate. The school janitor came into the bathroom after everyone had left to tell us that it was clear. He had seen the whole thing and didn't say a word. Scared me to death!!!
Post a Comment