The dentist decided it'd be best to go ahead and use the "laughing gas" to help her relax before her shots, and of course they used a numbing gel as well. She looked kinda sleepy the whole time but responded to questions and squeezed my hand when she was getting her shots. She told me later that she only felt one of the 5 or 6 that she got and that it hadn't even hurt much. The teeth came out very easily (though I turned my head away during that part) and within just a few minutes she was all done!
She got to choose a prize from their goody drawer, and afterwards I decided that because she was so brave I'd get her a little something, too. She chose a "giant diamond" at Michael's. I was going to just take her for ice cream afterwards, but the dentist wanted her to bite on gauze the whole way home, so the ice cream had to wait until after dinner.
Anyway, the whole experience wasn't at all terrible or traumatizing, but I really do hope we can avoid having to do that again.
Here she is trying show off her rewards, as well as the holes in her gums as best she can with a numb bottom lip. She looks kind of funny, I know.
1 comment:
I'm so proud of my big girl (Pyper too)! Sounds like the dentist was able to make the whole experience less traumatic than Pyper had expected (that gas is great...) so in the future she hopefully won't be as terrified since it is no longer "unknown". Love that picture!
Mom
Post a Comment