Thursday, January 14, 2010

The time has come.

Pyper is going to the dentist today.
She is NOT happy about it.
And frankly, neither am I.
Remember these beauties? Well, they're practically all the way in, but those baby teeth are still in the way. She's been wiggling them for a couple of months but they're determined to stay put. She even let me try my pliers one night, but I didn't have the nerve to yank hard enough. And unfortunately Aaron is very squeemish about all things tooth-related, so he's no help at all. The dentist said those babies need to come out, so I made her an appointment.

Today is the day she's been dreading. She's not so much nervous about getting her teeth pulled, but the shots she'll have to get in her gums before her teeth get pulled. It brings her to tears just thinking about it. Bless her heart, she really has tried to get them to come out, and they're SUPER loose but still not ready to come out on their own. I did put an apple in her lunch today, though, so I'll cross my fingers for a last minute miracle.

However her teeth end up getting dislodged, I decided last night that they'd need a nice, safe place to wait for the Tooth Fairy.


The heart is actually a pocket for the teeth, and will also hold whatever donation the Tooth Fairy leaves behind.

I'm hoping that this little present might make her less anxious and a bit more excited about getting her teeth out. And we'll definitely be posting some proud "after" pictures here later.

2 comments:

Talanea said...

I saw your post on Facebook. I'm glad Pyper came through it so well.
I blame the Hillgrove side. K had the same issue, although thankfully his two bottom teeth came out about a week before I had said I would call the dentist. He had his adult teeth completely grown in behind them for about a week. Both of his top teeth were having the same problem where they were super loose and the adult teeth were starting to grow in but the baby teeth wouldn't come out. He was playing at school one day and a kid accidently hit him in the face and both of the top baby teeth popped out. I was so happy. :)

Anderson Family said...

Oh--my heart goes out to both of you! For Pyper for being so anxious and for you trying to comfort her. Bryce had to do the same thing, so Pyper may have been 'doomed' from the start...

Hope it went well--can't wait to hear.

Mom