Sunday, March 21, 2010

Finnley's Party

First of all, I apologize for the weird coloring of my photos. These were taken in the evening in our dining room under horrible lighting, and my camera flash is very persnickety about when it will and will not operate.

Anyway, I'm finally blogging about Finnley's birthday "party". He turned 1 on the 12th but we didn't get to actually celebrate until the 14th. Not that he cared, but the other two were dying for cake and presents.

I was just thinking, isn't it funny how confusing a birthday must be for a little kid? I mean, they live each day being guided by their parents on what's okay and what's not, then suddenly everything changes. They're told, "Yes, you can tear that paper to shreds. Yes, please shove that entire piece of cake in your mouth and up your nose and in your eyes and hair. Here, have all this stuff that's just for you and while we're at it, here's some more!" Not that it's bad- I think it's part of what makes birthdays special. But I bet it confuses the heck out of 'em. :)

Warning: You are about to encounter way too many pictures of my kid opening presents and making a mess of his first birthday cake. And there may or may not be a video following.




















Finnley enjoyed a very wholesome piece of cake made from wheat flour, wheat germ, raisins and apple juice, frosted with pudding & sprinkles. The rest of us had cupcakes.










1 comment:

Kory Jane said...

Has Pyper's hair always been your color? I just now realized how close it is to yours.