Sunday, May 9, 2010

Some braggin'

Well, he's finally done it. Finnley has decided that walking is better than crawling, and in a little over a week has gone from crawling exclusively to walking exclusively. He's been taking steps for months, but really just a few steps from one piece of furniture to another, or if we'd plop him down in the middle of the floor he'd stumble towards us. I don't really consider that walking. Here lately, though, he is really getting the hang of it and toddles everywhere. Today at church he was astonishing everyone with his walking skills. He was even walking while drinking a bottle, which I think was just him showing off.

This is one of those proud moments as a parent when you realize that your child has just accomplished something major. Even if it's inevitable that they'll start walking, you can't help but be proud.

So here are a couple of videos, which may not interest anyone but the grandparents. But enjoy anyway! :)


Here's another walking video, in which Finnley also demonstrates another achievement- his first sign language! He finally caught on to signing "more" this week and now does it a LOT. He may also have figured out "eat" today, but I'm not sure. I'll have to wait and see if he does it again. After I did the sign and said "eat" he pointed at his mouth and went, "Eeeeeeeat", which makes me wonder if he's close to talking now, too!

I just love watching him walk. He holds his little hands up and his tiny steps are just picking his feet straight up and putting them straight down. I know he won't walk that way for long as he gets more practiced, so I'm really enjoying it for now.

3 comments:

sunnysnows said...

What a big boy! He's so cute.

Anderson Family said...

Now I can't wait for Dad to get home from town so we can go over to the office to watch the videos! Can't wait to see...

Mom

Anderson Family said...

Dad here. Speaking on behalf of "the grandparents" we want to thank you for the post. He is such a cutie and looks like so much fun. What was in the front closet that had his attention? Anyway, thanks again and we look forward to seeing you soon. And chasing Finn around the house. :)