His birthday (May 7th) fell on a Friday this year. 3 Fridays a month we take turns with two other couples where one couple will watch everyone's kids so the other two couples can have a date night. We decided to host on Hakan's birthday and have a little party for him with the kids that we'd be babysitting for the evening. Only one family was able to come, but we still had a blast.
We kicked things off with grilled hot dogs and chips for dinner, then went out to the garage to let them pummel the big #4 pinata. (Please, ignore the furniture mountain the the background, and keep your Sanford and Son's jokes to yourselves.)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
Because they insisted on a game, I came up with an easy one where they were supposed to throw "water balls" at chalk circles on the fence.
Next we had the most heavenly, chocolaty cake covered in chocolate fudge and chocolate frosting and chocolate shavings. It was even better because I didn't make it. I just added the sprinkles, as per the birthday boy's request. :).jpg)
I just had to include this photo from last year. Doesn't he take the best birthday photos?!
And of course, there were presents! He got some really good stuff. .jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
Even though it was kind of a small celebration, our big boy had a really good time. Now, can he just stop growing up already? Pleeeease??!
2 comments:
Happy Birthday!! That cake does look good, I want to just dive in the picture and have a piece. My kind of cake nothing but chocolate.
Thanks for sharing! He looks like he enjoyed himself, and that's what counts! But you are right about the growing up too fast--seems like someone else's baby is graduating next week!!!!!!!!!!!
Dad says he noticed some similarities between Hakan and the Dash character...
Mom
Post a Comment