Monday, May 18, 2009

Sarah, the Super Slacker

Usually when I don't post for a while it's because there isn't much going on. But this time there's plenty for me to tell you, I've just been lazy. So this may turn out to be kind of a gigantic post, covering the past two weeks.

Last week was Hakan's 3rd birthday (the 7th), though we didn't really celebrate until Saturday. Keith and Rachelle came up for a visit, arriving Friday night to some very excited little kids. They were pretty much glued to those two the entire time they were here. By the way, thank you guys for being such good sports! I know Pyper & Hakan can be a little... much sometimes. :)


On Saturday we all went to see Monsters vs. Aliens in 3D at "the big theater". It was great! I just wish I could have captured on film their reactions to their first 3D experience. I haven't seen anything in 3D in ages (probably not since Captain EO at Disney World) and it's certainly come a long way. They charge more for that type of movie, but I think it was worth it! We had a great time.

Afterwards the kids hopped into the turtle sandbox/pool for a little cooling off.

Who's excited for his party? THIS GUY!

After dinner we broke out the party hats and let Hakan dive into his gifts.

Thanks for the Star Wars play hut, Grandma Pam and Grandpa Dean!



And thanks to Mommer & Popper, Grandma Gayla & Grandpa Dave for the money to help get him a cool scooter! The helmet was Keith & Rachelle's gift- thanks guys!

Chocolate truffle cake was enjoyed by all. (No, I did not make it.)

Then outside to test the new wheels.
Keith and Rachelle had to take off pretty early on Sunday morning, but not before a big breakfast of Norwegian pancakes. We always love having them up for a visit and just wish they could've stayed longer, though I think by Sunday morning they were probably a little relieved to be headed back to Molly and their own quiet house. :)

Sunday was of course Mother's Day and when we got home from church this lovely bouquet was waiting for me by the front door. What a sweet husband I have!
A little Mom's Day photo shoot with me and the kids. (Not sure why these pictures are so grainy. I think maybe the camera was on the wrong setting.)




Okay, now skip ahead 6 days to this past Saturday. Todd and Kristen came into town to attend a friend's graduation from Boise State so we got to see them Saturday afternoon to Sunday. The kids played with Todd in the backyard, starting with the play set...






... then developed a game of bashing each other and him with the bouncy balls.



This lasted for quite a while until they were both red in the face and exhausted, but they had a great time. We really enjoyed having those two visit. Our kids are always so sad when company leaves, so we hope they'll be able to come back and stay a little longer next time!

Finally, Friday night I went out and bought a few little flowers to put in the bed that leads up to our front door. It's been empty since we moved in, so Aaron and I decided it was time to add a little color out there. I bought some Geraniums, Petunias, a Lupine and some little white flowers that I can't remember the name of.

I planted the Lupine in the front of the house in a tiny patch of dirt right next to the garage door.

I love Geraniums. :)
I also picked up a few seed packets to fill in the empty spots. I've never had a flower garden before, so wish me luck! Here's hoping I don't kill anything.

4 comments:

Z said...

Sounds like you guys have been having a blast!

taylor said...

Looks like you have all been having lots and lots of busy fun! Cute pictures, as always. :)

Jared and Tara said...

i LOVE the picture of the kids in the car. :)

Anderson Family said...

Thanks for the update! I always look forward to one of your postings. Finn is getting so bit!
I'm glad you guys are so close that family can visit--it does my heart good to see you kids together!
Thanks for the latest pictures of the kids; glad Hakan enjoyed our "hand picked" birthday gift...

Mom