- Clean the house (company's coming, otherwise this would NOT be high on the list).
- Sew Keith & Rachelle's couch cushion covers (say that five times fast) and mail them.
- Get back to work on furniture projects.
- Do fun things with the kids while Daddy is gone.
- Mentally prepare for our trip out of town next week.
- Mow the jungle in the backyard.
- Do laundry.
- Get ready for Super Saturday this weekend that I'm in charge of. (Yikes!!!!)
- Catch up on blogging.
- And probably about a dozen other things that I'm forgetting right now.
Yesterday I felt like I got practically nothing done. The kids and I did our grocery shopping, then the rest of the day just kind of slipped by without anything else getting accomplished. Lucky for them I actually made their meals, but besides that I was just physically too spent to do much else. I was also pretty cranky, which didn't help my motivation one bit.
Oh well. That's how it usually goes with vacations, though, right? Doesn't it usually take at least a day once you get home to decompress and gear up to jump back into normal life? Or is that just me?
One of those items on my "to do" list above has been bugging me for a while. Blogging. I've really let this here blog get neglected and that's not okay with me. I've decided I need to set a goal for myself and publicly proclaim it in order for it to happen. So here goes.
I, Sarah Lyn Hillgrove, do hereby declare that I will compose a blog post (which includes photos) at least twice per week during the months of June and July.
My friend Kory called me out recently (even though maybe she wasn't really meaning me specifically) when she wrote about about how her fellow bloggers seem to be going dormant with their posts, and I felt compelled to make a change in my blogging habits. I don't want to be a slacker anymore. So even if I don't feel like I have anything blogworthy to write, I want to get back into the habit of writing something anyway. Be warned, there may be a lot of "Around My House Today" posts, or other such nonsense, but I will be posting at least twice weekly for the next two months.
And because I feel a blog post isn't complete unless it's got a photo (or dozen), here's one that may not make it into any other posts but deserves to be viewed anyway.
Give it up for Hakan's mad photography skills.
1 comment:
Yeah!! Glad to see a post. And that picture makes me feel like I need to rub my eyes. Great picture skills...
Post a Comment