Pyper's very last day of Kindergarten was on May 27th and they had the graduation ceremony that evening.
Since we were planning on heading to Utah that day I was kind of bummed that we had to wait until late in the evening to be able to leave, but I would've hated for Pyper to miss this. It's a big deal to the kids, so we grown ups smile and take pictures and try to make it a big deal.
The kids performed a couple of songs that they'd been rehearsing....jpg)
...then awards and certificates were handed out.
Pyper isn't looking forward to first grade because she's going to miss her teacher, Ms. Wilkins. She really grew to love her a lot, so I have to keep reminding her that she'll still get to see her at school, and that her first grade teacher might be just as great!
What an odd thought that my oldest baby is going to be a first grader. How did this happen? She's getting to be so grown up. She's bright and caring and respectful and so many other wonderful things. We're just very proud of our Pyper.
1 comment:
On to bigger and better things. Man Sarah, I can't believe how old our kids are getting. I can still remember High School together. I will have a 3rd grader next year...yikes.
Post a Comment