I'd picked up some pails for the kids and they immediately got busy filling them up.
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
Being a treasure-hunter at heart, I spent a good amount of time sifting through the "beans" in search of cool stuff, too.
.jpg)
I love this beach. It wasn't busy at all so we had plenty of room to roam. My family used to come here when I was a kid and I still love it just as much as I did then.
.jpg)
We decided that trying to lead three little kids over slippery rocks probably wasn't a good idea, so I explored the nearby tide pools alone.
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
The kids' collection had to be left behind for someone else to discover.
.jpg)
Here are all of the sea urchins we found among the pebbles.
.jpg)
And the one tiny piece of sea glass that I was able to find that day.
.jpg)
Toes in the beans!
It was so fun to go back to Bean Hollow and to take our children to play where my brothers and sisters and I used to play.
1 comment:
Bean Hollow is one of my very favorite places on the planet. I'm glad you guys got to go, and only wish I had been there with you. Maybe we could have gotten a little crab to pinch Hakan. :) Not sure if you are aware of it, but just down th coast a few miles from Bean Hollow is Ano Nuevo Island, where we were able to visit the Elephant Seals that one time. I'm guessing you remember that trip with Grandma and Grandpa. Anyway, thanks for the post. Dad
Post a Comment