Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Empty house

I snapped some photos of the house on Friday before the movers had brought in much. Here's the front door and the living room.



Down the hall to the left are some built-ins, the laundry room and garage door, and the bedrooms. Pyper's is first...

...then the boys' room...

...then the master.



The bathroom had already gotten pretty full of boxes, so these pictures are kind of pointless. There's a big soaker tub next to a stand-up shower...

...and a toilet closet across from the shower. There are two sinks and a big walk-in closet next to that. Finnley was sleeping in there when I took these pictures so I couldn't get a shot of the closet.

This house has a nice big kitchen with plenty of cabinets, but it's weird that there's no designated eating space.



This light fixture in the middle of the room makes you think you're supposed to put a dining table there, but then why are there TV built-ins if it's not a TV room?

We'll sort it out eventually.


The backyard isn't big, but it has enough grass for the kids to play and we even have a lemon tree! This is the view from the back door.




To one side of the house there's a big concrete area where the kids like to ride their bikes and scooters. Since it's too dangerous for them to do that out front, its nice to have this little space behind the fence.


Here's the truck our stuff was in. It had 8 bays with a big wooden crate inside each one.




I unloaded kitchen items first and this was the pile of paper I was left with from just ONE box.

The kids definitely thought it was cooler than I did.


There is still soooooo much to unpack and put away or re-pack and store that it will probably be weeks if not MONTHS before we really feel moved in. Guess I'd better get back to it.

3 comments:

Anderson Family said...

Thank you so much for the post!! Now I can almost envision where you are when I think of you guys. And look--YOUR grass is green; ours is white...

XOXO
Mom

Z said...

Cute house. Looks really nice inside and out. Maybe we'll get to see it in person...someday.:)

Kimberly said...

I guess most people watch TV while eating dinner, so the light fixture and TV built-ins probably didn't seem so strange to the builders.

You made me think of the Incredibles, though. "We are now OFFICIALLY moved in!" XD