But despite the long drive, our aversion to crowds and waiting in lines, the expense and the possibility of losing a child, we had to go. We've talked for a long time about taking the kids to Legoland for Hakan's birthday in May, but since there's a chance we won't be living in California by then we decided to go now. Aaron took a few days off for his birthday, so we drove down to Carlsbad on Sunday then spent Monday and Tuesday at Legoland.
You can't visit Legoland and not play with Legos!
Rowan was an absolute angel the entire time- as usual.
This was the first ride of the trip. It reminded me of the Teacup ride at Disney World (which was always one of my favorites), though I remember Dad being able to spin us a heck of a lot faster than I was able to! Holy SMOKES, that was hard!
Aaron volunteered to go on the more laid back, non-spinning or zooming or loopty-looping rides.
Pyper and Hakan liked this ride so much we rode it both days. For some reason they really liked the ones that get you wet.
Miniland was really cool, though we didn't get to spend as much time looking around as I would have liked. Here the kids are standing in front of a Lego model of the Capitol building in Washington, DC.
I'm sure everyone recognizes these two.
But I think this model was my favorite!
As part of Miniland they had a big section dedicated to Star Wars. I got a kick out of the little scenes they had recreated from the movies.
They also had a several cityscapes. This one is New York.
And good old San Francisco!
Just another sweet shot of my happy baby.
Our tickets also included entrance into the Sea Life aquarium inside Legoland (more photos of that later).
Day 2: retina searing YELLOW!
Hakan learned to drive on this ride.
And even earned himself a driver's license!!
We really had a fantastic time on our trip. The kids had a total ball, we got to make some great family memories, and we didn't lose anyone! :)
1 comment:
What a memory maker!! I expect I will hear about it repeatedly when I come to visit... :)
Mom
Post a Comment