Sunday, June 17, 2012

The Month of Hakan

Behind as I am, I've decided to do some pretty massive, photo heavy posts to try and catch up. I started going through my photos and found some that seemed worth sharing, though there isn't much rhyme or reason to them.
  Our kids like to play dress-up, but this time they pulled out all the stops. I had to do a little photo shoot with them because they just looked so. dang. FUNNY!









Hakan and his little cousin Rhea have birthdays a couple of days apart (Rhea on May 5th and Hakan on the 7th) so we had a joint birthday party for the two of them.


Sweet Rhea is 2!


And my Hakan is a big 6-year-old (holding some Phineas and Ferb underwear that I gave him as kind of a joke.  He loves that show.)


Although I think he appreciated the Lego Ninjago set a little more.





On his actual birthday we went to Chili's for dinner and gave him some more gifts.


I love that he was willing (and even excited) to wear the felt birthday crown I'd made.  (Not sure how he went from 6 to 9 in just a few minutes, though.)


Free birthday dessert!  He was literally shovelling the last of it into his mouth as we were leaving the restaurant.  He didn't want to leave ANY.


Just for fun I decided to give my Hakie a  mohawk.  He even wore it to school for a couple of days before we finished cutting the rest off. 





He wears the punk look well.  Whether that's good or bad, I don't know.


Hakan's class did a cute little end-of-the-year production in their classroom.  They'd been learning about ocean creatures and sang a bunch of songs for us and showed us the decorations they'd made that were hung around the room.


Hakan had a part where he was supposed to say, "Our next song is about the cephalopod," but he blanked on the last word because he got nervous and his teacher had to remind him.  Later I asked him what another word for a squid is and he spit it right out.  Poor guy.  He gets the stage fright from his mom.


Here's Hakan with is friend/crush Izzara (pronounced eye-ZEH-ruh) on the left and another friend, Jocelyn.  He really liked Izzara so I had to be sure and get a picture of them together on their last day of school.  He talked about her a lot and would draw pictures to give her and other cute little guestures.  He told me shortly after school ended that he missed her already.





















We're about halfway through our vacation/move to Michigan so I have lots more to catch up on and will do that as soon as I can. More to come!

No comments: