Dad, the kids and I took off from their house at the sand dunes on Wednesday, June 20th and started making our way towards my grandparents' house in New Mexico. We decided to break up the trip so we stopped for the night in Farmington, NM. I hadn't made any hotel reservations, so as we got close I started making phone calls to hotels. NOBODY had any vacancies. I probably called at least 6 places before somebody finally told me the name of the only place in town with rooms still available. I was sure the place was going to be a dump. Why else would they be the only hotel with vacancies?
Meanwhile, Dad was trying to remember the name of the place where he and Mom had stayed during a trip through Farmington a while back but couldn't remember what it was called or where it was. He just remembered that it was a decent place and affordable. (Honestly, I wanted to stay in the most expensive hotel in town because Aaron's work was footing the bill! No such luck.) I looked up the address for the suggested hotel, held my breath and walked in. Sure enough, they had exactly what we needed- 2 queen beds in a non-smoking room. And guess what- it was the SAME hotel Mom and Dad had stayed in, so we knew it wasn't sketchy. Phew!
Anyway, here's some photos from the trip. We decided to take the more scenic northern route and I'm so glad we did. There was some GORGEOUS country that we drove through.
I couldn't get enough of this view. Despite all of the apparently dead quaking aspens, it was still really beautiful.
Drivin' with my Dad. We got to chat, share sunflower seeds and enjoy the beautiful scenery. It was great (and not just because I only had to drive a little tiny bit.)
This was Rowan's first time meeting his great-grandparents on Mom's side. He and Mommer hit it off pretty well!
This is Star...
...and this is Brandy, Star's momma.
My Popper has the best smile.
Once Aaron arrived we decided to take a little day trip to Santa Fe. Unfortunately I didn't take many photos while we were there. But we had a really good day, even if all we did was hit up Target, pop into a local jewelry store for a couple of necklaces and then wander around the Plaza for a bit before heading back.
To say the kids loved it would be a MASSIVE understatement.
In the midst of our attempts at a good photo with Mommer and Popper, Rowan exploded and caused a little mayhem...
THANK YOU, Mommer and Popper, for letting us spend the week with you. It's always such a treat coming to visit and spending time just being with you both and rejuvenating at your peaceful mountain home. My kids love you, I love you, and we hope to see you again sooner rather than later. Not sure when, but hopefully before these kids get too much bigger!
We miss you!!






No comments:
Post a Comment