Thursday, January 3, 2013

Christmas 2012

Two posts back-to-back!  How do ya like that for momentum?!  :)
 
I got a little ahead of myself with the New Year goal post.  Hope you didn't think I'd forgotten about Christmas!
This year we enjoyed a cozy Christmas at home.  We got a pretty good snowfall on Christmas Adam (the day before Christmas Eve), which really set the stage nicely for Christmas.

 
On Christmas Eve we went to Big Boy (kind of like Denny's or Perkins) for breakfast then just spent the day hanging out together.  I decided to make our big feast on Christmas Eve this year so we could just do leftovers on Christmas Day.  I know myself and myself is L-A-Z-Y.

All that cooking wore me out, though, and I fell asleep after dinner.  Luckily Aaron took care of a lot of our Christmas Eve traditions while I was sleeping, including setting out the stockings, sprinkling reindeer food in the snow and putting out milk and cookies for Santa.  I did wake up in time to make sure that we read "'Twas the Night Before Christmas" before we herded the kids off to bed.

The kids even got to open a present before bed- new pajamas made by our dear friend Lisa! I posted this picture on Facebook for her so she could see them wearing her creations.


The calm before the storm.
 
 
On Christmas morning we made the kids stay upstairs until we had a chance to come down and make sure everything was ready.  Rowan got a little sneak peek.


 
Let the madness begin!!










 



 



2 comments:

Anderson Family said...

Thanks for sharing the pictures!! ALMOST like being there...

The kids look like they raked in a haul and are loving it!

:)
Mom

taylor said...

Looks like so much fun! I am so jealous of the snow! It's beautiful!

I looks like your kiddos had a wonderful Christmas. Love looking at the pictures :)