Just like everyone else on the planet, my thoughts lately have been dwelling on the upcoming year. Specifically, things that I want to do, complete, improve and CHANGE.
One thing in particular that I am determined to change is my attitude. I don't think I've necessarily had a BAD one, but it's not always good, either. I want to be more appreciative. I want to be more outwardly appreciative of my family, my circumstances, myself, my life. I do have a lot to be thankful for, but all too often I take them for granted. I won't create a huge long list of those things here, but there's no question that I am far to unappreciative and it's time to do something about that. So this year, my theme is going to be "APPRECIATE".
Another goal I've set for myself is to blog more! I'm shooting for at least one blog post a week to begin with, just to get back into the habit of it. Hopefully it will become more frequent, but for now that's my goal. I'm not even sure if anyone even reads my blog anymore (which does make me sad). But even if nobody reads it but me, this blog is still a journal of sorts and I regret all of the small, happy moments that I've let slip by without documenting them.
With that, here are some photos I snapped the other day while the kids were outside enjoying a recent heavy snowfall. They (Pyper and Hakan) go outside at least once everyday and spend quite a long time playing together in the snow. It amazes me that they can stay out there for so long throwing snow in each other's faces and nobody comes in crying! :)
3 comments:
I still read your blog..I think the same thing about mine sometimes. But it is nice to look back and see what was going on 2 years from now. And I don't know how your kids do it either. Just taking the trash out I am out and in as fast as I can. I hate the cold with the wind. I have become even more of a homebody since winter came!!
Adorable. I think appreciating is something we can all do better. I love seeing the new pictures of you guys so I feel like you are much more near than you really are!!
I also wanted to let you know I still read your blog. It is fun to see how your family is doing and all the fun projects you do. I really enjoyed the thanksgiving post where I get too see your extended family too:)
Post a Comment