Last Saturday we took the family to check out the University of Michigan Museum of Natural History. We'd heard they had a dinosaur exhibit going on and thought the kids might like to see it.
I forget what this one is called but it really freaked me out. It was some kind of a marine dinosaur (maybe a Mosasaur?) and had the UGLIEST face. The body and tail just went on and on so it ended up being gigantic.
One of my favorite parts of the museum was the vestibule. It was open all the way up to the 4th floor and had such gorgeous detail. Such a cool old building.
I also loved this antique letterbox on the ground floor. The tube at the top goes up the wall, through all 4 floors of the building. Each floor has a mail drop slot so outgoing mail could be dropped into the slot, down the chute, then collected from the box in the lobby.
I wish I'd taken photos of what was on the other floors, but the dinosaur exhibit was definitely the favorite.
1 comment:
The museum looks great - we might have to make another trip when we come next month. I love museums. Dad
Post a Comment