I am so, so, SO very tired. Today we drove home from Idaho Falls after being there since Sunday for Aaron's work. We had about an hour to spend at the house before we had to drive to Meridian for chiropractor visits, then a baby appointment right after, then back home for Scout meetings. After Scouts I scarfed some KFC that Aaron had picked up and then started pulling the last few things together for tomorrow's preschool Valentine's Day party that I'm hosting. I'm sick of pink and hearts and candy already.
Baby appointment went well. Blood pressure's good. Baby's heartbeat's good. Very, very standard stuff. They sent me home with a list of things to pack for labor, which was helpful since I've been wondering what sort of stuff will be provided for me at this non-hospital setting. Turns out, pretty much nothing. So I've got to find some cheapy nightgowns to wear that I won't mind getting "messy", and then pick up some newborn diapers to bring as well. Oh yeah, and a car seat. Definitely going to need one of those.
Actually, I've been noticing a lot of things that I'm going to be needing. It's strange that after 2 kids I don't have everything for this one already. But there were a lot of things that we either inherited or bought used and they just didn't survive past the first two, or we didn't think it was worth packing and moving with us when we came here. So Aaron and I decided to register. Is that weird? I just got to thinking about all the things that we're missing and it started to feel a little overwhelming. So if anyone is feeling generous or curious (or both) you can visit our online registry here. Just type in my name and you'll find it.
It's on my to-do list to pull out all of Hakan's baby clothes and see what I've got, but I think I should be okay. Babies pretty much live in onesies and pajamas for the first 3 months anyway, right?
Man, if this kid showed up tomorrow I'd be thrilled. I'm so done being pregnant. I think 5 hours in the car pushed me over the edge.
1 comment:
It will be neat to see pictures of your baby in only 6 weeks. I am just glad I am basically done. I feel the same way as you do. Oh and I have been induced on all three. I really didn't think labor was that horrible. Call me wierd, or maybe I am just good with pain. So I really don't know what going into labor feels like naturally. With Logan my water broke and I had to get induced because I wasn't having contractions and with the others I always go over my due date, so I just can't stand to see that date come and go. Who knows, maybe this one I will go before Wednesday.
Post a Comment