Monday, January 26, 2009

Tagged-- Random Things About Me

1. I have issues with my ears and throat. Something in there isn't quite right, so when I swallow, yawn or sometimes for no reason at all my ears pop and I have to sniff to get them back to normal. I sniff a lot and I wonder if it bugs other people, or if they even notice.

2. I have a hard time sleeping if I have to change sides of the bed. It takes days for me to get used to it.

3. I used to never, EVER want to live in California, but now I think it might be kinda nice. As long as it's not in the desert or near a huge city with lots of pollution and traffic. I'm thinking more like with rolling hills, vineyards and orchards everywhere.

4. My eyes water when I laugh hard so it looks like I'm crying.

5. People who make noise when they eat IRRITATE me. Hello? Doesn't that gross everyone out, including them??

6. I can't stand horror movies or previews for them on TV. Even ones like "I Am Legend" I consider too scary. I saw that one in the theater and I wanted to leave. It still unnerves me just thinking about it.

7. I want to buy an early 1900's house with lots of charm and character and "restore" it so that it's lovely and liveable.

8. My knees pop almost every time I bend them. It grosses Aaron out.

9. I inherited my Dad's thick legs. Thanks a bunch, Pops.

10. I have never broken a bone or needed stitches for an accidental injury. I have never been hospitalized for an accident or illness, either. *Knock on wood*

11. I had all 4 wisdom teeth removed at once- while fully concious.

12. I throw up during labor.

13. I love green olives but hate black ones.

14. The first time I drove a car was right before I started Driver's Ed, because my Dad figured I should at least know a little bit before I got behind the wheel with the instructor.

15. If I decide not to be ticklish, I'm not.

16. Grammatical and spelling errors really bug me. Anything that's poorly written just gets on my nerves.

17. When something grosses me out my fingers and toes go kind of numb and tickly.

18. I think Jude Law is insanely handsome, but am disappointed that he doesn't make better movies. "The Holiday" is really the only one I like.

19. I check Google Reader more times per day than I care to admit. Seriously, it's kind of riddiculous.

20. Craigslist is another site that I stalk almost hourly-- looking for that darn daybed!

21. I HATE sticking my hand into cold standing water. An undrained bathtub, a sink of old dish water, a bucket used for soaking clothes-- it gives me the willies. Kind of like the feeling I get when I squish a really crunchy spider or have to clean up vomit. ICK.

22. I love to change my bedding. I have 3 or 4 quilts, plus a duvet cover that I like to change out every few months.

23. I want to learn to knit- badly.

24. I wish I had some good power tools and some carpentry skills. I would love to build furniture and other decor-type things.

25. Even though I've done it before, I worry about giving birth. It's scary and sometimes I start wondering if I really want to do it naturally for a third time.

I've decided not to tag anyone, unless you feel the desire to do this.

2 comments:

The Thompson Family said...

You birthed your first two kids naturally? Wow you are a strong women. I wouldn't even think to attempt it. It was fun reading your blog.

Anderson Family said...

I'd be sorry about the legs if it was something I could control, but since I have no control over it, I won't be sorry for it. And just for the record, my knees pop too, so I'm probably at fault for that too. Still not sorry. I guess we'll just have to be happy to have good strong legs to walk on.:) Dad