I figure 2+ months should be plenty of time. Am I kidding myself? I've never trained a boy before, so I really don't know. With Pyper we just let her run around with nothing on and the stern instructions, "Don't you pee on my floor." It worked pretty well, though I have to admit that I didn't keep my temper all that well with her at times when she'd refuse to "go". You're not supposed to get angry and yell during this process, but I found it difficult to keep my cool now and then.
So far I'm doing better this time, but it's still frustrating. I know Hakan knows how to use the bathroom on his own, he just doesn't. I'll ask him if he needs to go pee, and he'll inform me, "I pee in my pull-ups 'gain." Grrr. Those dang things are expensive! So I've started making him put wet ones back on because I know he doesn't like it.
Yesterday I finally made him a chart the way I'd done with Pyper. I also bought a special sticker book just for him and a big bag of Skittles as his "treat" when he uses the toilet. This seems to be working so far because he gets really excited about picking a sticker, counting them, and of course, getting a little treat for his efforts.



Wish us luck!
5 comments:
Oh boy!! I am glad that I don't have to worry about getting one out of diapers to make way for another one this time. Good luck with that!!
Oh boy, I've been down this road. I potty-trained Joni when I was 7 months pregnant with Jackson. We did the train-in-2-days method, so I didn't do anything else for probably 4 or 5 days, and it was one of the most exhausting things I've ever done. But it was so nice to have it done once the baby came.
Good luck!
You best tell that boy to keep them abs tucked away, or you're going to have little toddlettes all over the place before you know it. ;)
Well I can't say much on this subject except that Hakan is too cute. :) Haha..love that picture!
i'm surprised his belly button didn't knock that table over. geez.
Post a Comment