Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Looming changes

Last night while Aaron was gone with the kids to Pyper's first soccer practice, I went down the street to a neighbor's house for a casual get-together with some ladies from church. As we sat around talking, I realized that I was the youngest mother, but not the mother with the youngest kids. It wasn't long before it dawned on me how dramatically my life is about to change. My children are 5 and 2 1/2, which means both are very independent and don't need me for very many things. Then I consider this new baby and how he's going to need me for EVERYTHING.

I started thinking about how we won't be able to just pick up and be ready to go somewhere in 10 minutes or so like we can now. Babies make leaving take sooo much longer.

Leaving the kids with a sitter will suddenly be almost impossible, unless we bring Baby along with us.

I'll have 3 kids in car seats, two of which will need to be buckled and unbuckled by me.

My purse will once again become a diaper bag, weighing around ten pounds and constantly needing to be stocked with all the necessities that newborns require.

Then there's the feedings that will occur every two hours, the doctor's appointments (complete with those horrible shots), the DIAPERS, the extra laundry, the possibility of colic and/or reflux which only adds to the drama... the list goes on and on.

How did I manage to forget all these things in 2 1/2 years?

Why am I doing this again when things have gotten so settled and manageable?
Then I see these, and I remember.



Oh, yeah- that's why.

I can't wait. :)

No comments: