Monday, January 19, 2009

Iron and adjustments

My phone rang a little after 8 this morning, so of course I didn't get to it in time to answer. Turns out it was one of my midwives calling to tell me that they'd gotten my blood test results back, which showed that my iron levels are very low. Awesome. Strep throat. Anemia. What's next, gout?? Actually, this iron deficiency thing is my own fault, I'm sure. I haven't been taking my prenatals the way I should during this pregnancy, so I suppose I can't really complain (too much). She asked if I could come by and pick up some iron supplements today. Sure, why not. I'd be heading into Meridian anyway for my Chiropractor appointment. I swung by this evening and picked them up (6 tablets a day, plus 1 tsp. of a liquid supplement each day, PLUS my 3-a-day antibiotics and my nightly acid reducer. I feel like I need to go buy one of those pill sorter thingies just to keep track of everything).

Then on to the chiro. for some spinal cracking. They did some computerized scan of my back, then adjusted me. Not much to report. Hopefully this will help with some of the lower back issues I've been having, and maybe even alleviate my heartburn a little. I'll go back on Wednesday so he can go over my scan results with me. I'm also hoping that if I can continue to go regularly that my labor and delivery will be smoother. It certainly couldn't hurt, right?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Man you're just having a rough time lately. I hate to say it but I told you third pregnancies are totally wacko!