Sunday, January 11, 2009

Just some stuff

About a week ago my camera decided to call it quits- for good I think. I've had zero problems with it since we bought it 3 years ago, so this was unexpected for sure. I don't know if it'd be wise to try and have it repaired, or just spring for a brand new camera. While we try to come to some decision, I've been borrowing Aaron's lab camera for a few days to see if it might be a brand/style we'd like. It's a Canon PowerShot A590 and so far it's fine. Nothing super fantastic about it, and nothing that really, really irritates me either. Anyway, just trying to explain why I haven't posted in a while.

Hmmm... what else... Oh yeah, I'm alone with Hakan tonight. This morning Aaron got a call from a sales guy from work saying that a package that Aaron's techs were supposed to have sent Saturday Delivery hadn't arrived on Saturday. Apparently it was for a pretty big-deal-type meeting in Salt Lake on Monday morning, and it's not going to be there. So Aaron manages to get a couple of his techs to re-make the samples and bring them down to him from Fruitland so he can drive them to Salt Lake today. He offered to take one of the kids with him so Pyper is on the road trip as well. They'll be spending the night in Clearfield with Aaron's brother, Brent's family then heading home tomorrow. Hakan and I went ahead to church 'cause I figured that'd be better than sitting at home worrying about Aaron & Pyper and feeling bad that we didn't all go. I just wasn't up for spending 5 hours in a car, sleeping on a futon, then spending 5 more hours in the car to get home. Pyper will have fun playing with her cousins, anyway, and Aaron will make some money by taking this little trip so, it's okay.

This coming week is going to be a big one. It happens to be my turn to teach preschool on Tuesday and Thursday, then we also have Pyper going to her first practice with an indoor soccer team on Tuesday night. Wednesday I have a baby appointment and I have to take Aaron to the airport so he can fly to Ohio for a work thing, and that night is Webelos. I think there's an Enrichment group meeting in there somewhere, plus a few other random obligations I'm sure. No rest for the weary, right?

Speaking of weary, if this weren't my third pregnancy I'd probably be thinking that I'm about to go into labor any minute. I've been having some serious Braxton Hicks contractions all day long, and my lower back has been killing me for the past couple of days. The Braxton Hicks I can live with (what choice have I got anyway?), but I think it's time I found a good chiropractor to put my back right again. I feel like I'm hobbling everywhere I go, and the grunts and groans that come out of me when I stand up or sit down would put any 98 year-old to shame. I think overall I'm doing okay, though. Baby is very active and seems to like to start wiggling the minute I get settled. His moving has become more like squirming instead of kicking and jabbing lately- thank goodness. Things are tight in there now, so from here on he'll pretty much just be putting on weight until his birth day. I guess that makes two of us.

Not sure what else needs to be caught up on. But I guess for the sake of a photo I'll include my newest project. I got this at a local used furniture store this weekend and have already ripped off the old upholstery and guts and stuff. It's now sitting in the garage looking very naked, waiting until I can find some upholstery supplies to bring it back to life.

1 comment:

Kory Jane said...

So I got this old Cedar chest from my mom's friend at work. It needs some serious work but I am at a loss at what to do with it. If I take some pictures and post on my blog could you give me some ideas? I have no idea what to do when it comes to furniture. I will post it today sometimes.