Saturday, January 24, 2009

Covetitis

I've come down with a serious case of the "I Wants". I mean it- it could be fatal this time because the cure is far too expensive. Here are my symptoms:

I want to convert our spare room turned computer room/lame guest room into a computer room/quaint guest room. To get things started I switched out our massive computer desk for a much smaller one and shoved it in the closet. We had to take the bifold doors off so the drawers would open, but I want to hang curtains on a tension rod so it can be concealed when we have company. I want a daybed with a pop-up trundle to accomodate one or two guests at a time- specifically one like this:



I want to hang pretty art prints and photos in there and have my new project tucked into a corner. I want my guests to feel like we're glad to have them stay with us, not that we just happened to have an empty room they could occupy for the time being.

I want to solve the storage issue I see looming when the baby comes. Where are we going to put his stuff?? I want to give Pyper a bigger dresser that will hold all of her clothes, but one that still fits in her closet so her room can stay nice and open. I want to get the monstrous changer/dresser out of Hakan's room and get him a normal dresser as well. I want something like this for the baby because it's just so darn cute.

I want to hang some art in our dining room because every wall in there is empty.

I want to make my bedroom more inviting and personalized. I want this bedding and these bedside lamps:

I want an arrangement like this in my room:

I want to put a chunky, rough-hewn wooden ledge above my bed with cool framed pictures, old books and pretty objects on it.

Most of all, I want everything for next to nothing. Now.

Help.

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

Well, I can't help you with MUCH of that, but I have a bit of a suggestion for your artwork problems. You know, there are three Art Majors in this family (you, Keith and I) that may be able to help with that. I know you're probably too busy to draw anything right now, and I certainly won't be doing anything for the next eighteen months, and now I feel weird singling Keith out (like he has time, what with his ceiling problems and all that crap), but do you think some family-made somethings would be nice, if we ever could get around to it? I don't even know what kind of art pieces you're thinking of, but if you think it'd be something I could do, I'd love to send you something. Mind you, my forte is rather limited to people and a SMALL selection of animals (no backgrounds) but maybe you could come up with something?

I dunno, and like I said, I won't be doing much artwork for a while, but maybe I could sit on it? Think on it? Gimme some ideas and I'd love to help you with some of those I WANTS. Lotsa love, sis!