Monday, July 26, 2010

Quick trip to The Burg and Salt Lake

Last weekend our family took another little trip to East Idaho and Utah. We drove to Rexburg on Thursday, spent the night, Aaron worked at the Sugar City plant on Friday, the kids and I checked out of the hotel then dropped in on Grandma Bobbie in Idaho Falls, then when Aaron got off work we all drove down to Salt Lake and spent the night at Keith & Rachelle's house.

Saturday morning Keith, Rachelle and I went to the SLC Farmer's Market and found some fantastic things to take with us to eat at the Hart Family Reunion that afternoon.

The reunion was in Provo and (once we finally got there) we had a nice time chatting and spending time with relatives.
It was so great to see Grandma Anderson, Uncle Ryan and Aunt Jan who came from California. The kids took to Uncle Ryan quite easily (imagine that), and spent a lot of time pestering, I mean, playing with him.




Here's the crew who came from the "Norma" side of the Harts: Rachelle & Keith Anderson, Pam and Dean Anderson, Jan and Ryan Anderson, Norma Anderson, Aaron, Sarah, Finnley, Pyper and Hakan Hillgrove.

I took an embarrassingly small number of pictures while on this trip I'm afraid. Guess that's proof of what a good time we had- too busy to remember the camera!!

On Sunday we made our way back to Rexburg by way of Aaron's brother, Brent's house. Aaron got to meet our new niece, Rhea, who has changed a ton even since I saw her last month!
(Sorry these two photos aren't very good. My camera wasn't handy so I used my phone.)

The kids had a great time playing (as usual). I love how Satyra is dressed as Batman and Pyper as Darth Vadar in this photo. :)
We spent a few hours with them then headed north. Aaron had to work in Sugar City again on Monday and Tuesday, then we headed home to Caldwell. We also got to see a little bit of Todd while we were there, which was nice because he and Kristen have since relocated to Orem and we won't get to see them on our little jaunts to Rexburg anymore. Boo!

One more BIG trip coming up next week, then we're home to stay for a while... hopefully.

No comments: