Saturday, July 31, 2010

Family fun at the Carnival

This morning the Primary hosted a Family Carnival at church.
It.
Was.
Awesome.
There were games like Ring Toss, Tic-tac-toe, Fish Pond, Cake Walk and a bunch of others, as well as food like cotton candy, popcorn, ice cream bars and cupcakes. They even played carnival music on big speakers and had a raffle.

Aaron went early to help set up the tables and chairs, and I volunteered to help with the face painting booth. My kids got a sneak peek at the "menu" of designs and had already decided what they wanted before we even got there.



Aaron walked the kids around while I painted. Poor Finnley was pretty cranky the whole time, so I definitely got the better end of that deal.









Pyper spent a long time playing the Cake Walk, until she finally won a cupcake.


Luckily I wasn't the only one doing the painting. We had a busy booth!

The Sheriff's car was a big hit. Unfortunately Pyper got into a little bit of trouble... :)



We all had such a good time. I enjoyed sitting in the shade and chatting with my painting buddies, and the kids had a fantastic time winning prizes at the game booths.
Afterwards we took them to McDonald's for lunch but they were too full of cotton candy and cupcakes to eat much. Oh well. We made them take naps when we got home to try to counteract their fun overload.

No comments: