

Doesn't she make a cool Michael Jackson? I love that this costume idea was hers! We found all the pieces we needed except the wig in one morning of thrift store shopping. I had to alter the hat, jacket and pants and sewed up the shiny glove, armband and socks. We were both happy with how it all came together.
Hakan wasn't so decisive about what his costume was going to be. I finally got him to decide on being a Jedi when we offered to buy him a new light-up light saber. I found this image online to help me make his costume.
I used an old sheet to make the tunic and the strappy things and belt that go over it. The leather belt came from a thrift store and I made the cloak and boot covers.
This face he's making is so awesome. Right after this he started cracking up.
Since Halloween falls on a Sunday this year, our ward and two others who share our building organized a Trunk-or-Treat in the church parking lot. The kids were able to get all of their candy in about an hour, and I just sat in the back of our car and said hi to cute kids and gave them candy. (This isn't our car, by the way. Just one that somebody had decorated cool.)


Finnley got another recycled costume this year, but DANG he makes a cute Ewok! Next year, Finn. Next year you'll get a brand new costume.



I decided earlier this week to dress up after I came across this cloak idea in a Martha Stewart magazine.
Then I found this image of the perfect makeup!
I felt kind of bad later for looking so creepy. Lots of little kids wouldn't come near me, but all the grown-ups thought I looked cool.
I'm a ghost, by the way. This is how a ghost says "Uh, doy".
HAPPY HALLOWEEN EVERYONE!
Saturday, October 30, 2010
Halloween 2010
Here you have it, folks- the costumes we came up with for Halloween this year. This picture was the best one of the kids, even though I'm making a goofy face.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
You're right...Finn does make a cute Ewok. And Pyper's the right complexion for MJ. I loved all of your guy's costumes. (after my nightmares tonight I might think differently about yours Sarah)
I can't believe you sew with no pattern. I might enlist you to do halloween costumes for me next year. Geez lady, you put me to shame. And your make-up looked awesome. You should go to the store like that one day. That would be so funny.
love the costumes! especially the ewok with the binky. :)
Thanks for the nightmare fuel Sarah. You could have at least left out the pic without eyeballs.
Post a Comment