Our church owns a large orchard nearby and during the summer and fall they ask members to come help thin or pick the fruit. I'd never been before but last week our ward's activity was to go help pick apples. Aaron was out of town, but I decided that I'd take the kids and try to help out.
+%5B800x600%5D.jpg)
It was so beautiful there. I spotted several bird nests and couldn't resist taking a few pictures.
+%5B800x600%5D.jpg)

Unfortunately I didn't realize until after I'd taken pictures of the nests that I didn't have much juice left on my battery, so I only got a couple more after that.
The kids mostly just ran around with their friends and played, but they did help a little bit.
+%5B800x600%5D.jpg)
We had a really good turn out from the ward and I think we ended up filling sixty of those big bins with apples.
+%5B800x600%5D.jpg)
It was so much fun! I threw the handle of a cloth shopping bag around my neck (all the real apple picking buckets were taken) and filled it with apples until it got too heavy. Then I'd dump it and start over. Finnley sat happly in the stroller munching an apple the whole time.
There's another apple picking assignment tomorrow, so I think we're going to go as a whole family this time.Fall activities are so fun. Yesterday Hakan's preschool class took a field trip to the Berry Ranch to pick some pumpkins.
+%5B800x600%5D.jpg)
+%5B800x600%5D.jpg)
Besides growing lots of crops, they also have plenty of animals around. I was so proud of Hakan for walking up to this huge cow and petting her nose.
+%5B800x600%5D.jpg)
But then this happened and he got pretty freaked out.
+%5B800x600%5D.jpg)
+%5B800x600%5D.jpg)
I so wanted to buy some of the honey made by these bees. Next time.
+%5B800x600%5D.jpg)
+%5B800x600%5D.jpg)
+%5B800x600%5D.jpg)
+%5B800x600%5D.jpg)
+%5B800x600%5D.jpg)
The field trip probably would have gone a little smoother if I'd had Finn confined to the stroller again. He was all over the place. Hakan had a good time, though, and that's what matters.
4 comments:
Don't you just love fall!! So many fun things to do with the kids--thanks for sharing the pics!
Mom
Adorable pictures! I just love the berry ranch! After seeing that cow's greeting, I am feeling better that my kids didn't want to get close to those!
Looks so fun! I wish we got to actually pick our pumpkins! And I don't think I would've been that fond of that cow's greeting either. Holy tongue!
I was so happy to see a new post. I have missed reading your blog. Hope this leads to even more fun pictures. I guess I need to take my own advice.....
Post a Comment