While we were on our trip to Utah last month he started to roll and also discovered his toes.
.jpg)
He likes to stand, so this exersaucer that we got from our sister-in-law back when Pyper was born has been priceless! He'll usually bounce and rock and play for quite a while before he gets tired of it.
.jpg)
Shortly after learning to roll he started dragging himself across the floor by pulling with his arms and pushing with his feet. His newest trick (as of Saturday) is getting up on his hands & knees and rocking back and forth.
.jpg)
He can't sit up yet but he's getting ready to crawl? What's up with that?!
.jpg)
I couldn't resist his smile in this photo, even though it's blurry.
.jpg)
But check out what I can do with my mad Photoshop skills!! Just kidding. I'm a hack.
.jpg)
And today, Finnley entered the world of baby food!
.jpg)
Yesterday we took Finn to the doctor for his four month appointment (even though he's 5 1/2 months old. Oops). He got weighed (15.56 lbs= 27th %tile) and measured (27"= 83rd %tile) and all the other usual check-up type stuff before he got his immunizations. During our visit the doc talked to us about starting him on solids . I've been thinking about it, but figured I might as well discuss it with the doctor before I jump in. He seemed to think Finn would do great and that it might bring his weight back up a bit (it's tapered off a bit since his 2 month appointment when he was in the 71st %tile). So today while Hakan was napping, I gathered what I'd need and set him up on the dining room table for our first attempt at some real food. Camera in hand, I captured his reaction to peas. (Listen closely when I ask him if it's good. I'm pretty sure I hear him say, "uh-uh".)
Do you like the green theme we had going? Green outfits for each of us (unintentionally), green food, green towel & green spoon!
Finn did great! He wasn't overly enthusiastic about the peas, but at least he didn't spit them all over or shove them out with his tongue. He was also pretty hungry when we tried this, so he may have been willing to eat just about anything. Afterwards he got his "usual" to top him off.Oh, he's just getting so big.
5 comments:
Oh. my. goodness. That video was beyond adorable. It's so fun to see their reaction when you let them taste something for the first time. And by the way Sarah, you're gorgeous. If I didn't already like you so much I might hate you for it. =)
Dad here. You may have heard an "uh-uh" but a bit later I'm pretty sure I heard a "yummmmm", so maybe he really liked them. Just for future reference, I want you to have your camera ready for the first time you give him grapefruit. That was my favorite food to give all you guys when you were little. :) Thanks for the post, though. I love seeing the kiddles and miss them a bunch. Dad
Mom here. I remember an odd reaction out of mashed potatoes, believe it or not.
I love having the video to remind me what a sweetie my baby is (I mean your baby...)
Mom
He looks like a good sized healthy (and oh so adorable) baby to me! It's so fun to see him grow up and try to remember SD being that age EXACTLY a year a go! He did awesome with those peas!
I don't know anything about feeding babies, but I do know that looks like a lot of fun! I would love to sit down and have someone feed me - especially if it was hard core enough to require a seat belt.
Post a Comment