After leaving Mommer & Popper's place in New Mexico we (me, my kids, Mom, Dad, Jennifer & Keith) headed back to Mom and Dad's. Keith left the morning after we got back, but the kids and I stayed until it was time to drive to Salt Lake to meet up with Aaron to go home.
The kids and I spent a morning at the local park in town while Dad ran errands. Isn't that just the prettiest backdrop??
.jpg)
Finnley spent his time at the park being perfectly content munching on his hands.
.jpg)
.jpg)
The whole play area was covered in these bits of rubber, which I think must be scrap from a stamp factory somewhere. Mom tells me that one of the founders of Stampin' Up is a local.
.jpg)
The kids discovered the costume bins in Jennifer and Kimberly's room. What ensued was, well, pure hilarity.
.jpg)
This was Pyper's favorite costume. It took a lot of coaxing to get her to take it off.
.jpg)
.jpg)
There are no words.
.jpg)
.jpg)
I love this picture. Jennifer's goofy thumbs up and gold genie pants, Pyper's super serious face, Finnley's oblivious involvement, Hakan's huge clown hands and my spectacularly awful purple spangled spandex. I just wish you could see the matching scrunchie in my side-ponytail. Oh, it was suh-weet.
.jpg)
.jpg)
Pam- the ultimate Domestic Goddess.
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
Friday afternoon Mom drove me and the kids up to Salt Lake to meet up with Aaron. On Saturday we got together with Keith and Rachelle to visit the Salt Lake Farmer's Market.
.jpg)
.jpg)
The bike valet. I thought this was cool.
.jpg)
In the middle of the park was a doggie area. I loved watching that huge mastiff play with the tiny pugs.
.jpg)
Finnley discovered his toes on this trip. Apparently, they are tasty.
.jpg)
At the market we picked up all kinds of goodies for our lunch- fresh cherries and cantaloupe, salsa, veggies for salad, wedges of cheese, a loaf of bread. Oh, it was heavenly. We went back to Keith & Rachelle's house to cool off and eat.
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
I don't know what else to say about our trip other than it was wonderful! It became a challenge at times, being on my own with the kids, but with so many people around that were willing to help it really made things manageable. We had a fantastic time and so enjoyed getting to see everyone, and really missed those we didn't. What a great way to spend two and a half weeks!
2 comments:
Dad here. You're right - it was a really great trip. We enjoyed having you guys. And driving to New Mexico and back reminded me how much I enjoy being a Grandpa. Just kidding - I really did enjoy the trips. We'll have to do it again some time.
From Mom...I'm so glad you got to spend so much time with us! I know what a challenge it is, being a temporary 'single mom', so we appreciated the sacrifice. I sure do miss the little kiddles, but the pictures help!
Post a Comment