Monday, October 13, 2008

Heaven help me

Today is the first time in quite a while that I've stayed up during the kids' nap time. I guess it turned out to be a good thing because Pyper didn't stay asleep for long. I'd told her before she went to bed that when she got up she could fill her birthday pinata with the candy we bought. I guess she was just too excited about that to sleep for more than an hour. Ah, well. I'm glad she's doing it and not me. We bought this gigantic bag at Costco and she's sitting on the kitchen floor inspecting then depositing each piece into a 2x2 inch hole at the top. What a cutie. :)

All hail Optimus Prime! This was her pinata of choice and could not be talked out of it.

Trying to make sure that there's going to be enough of each kind of candy for each kid.


She decided it'd be easier if the candy was in a pile, rather than in the bag.


Anyway, the other reason for my no-nap day is that I just have too dang much to do! Yes, an hour or so of sleep might do me some good, but I just don't think I could fall asleep for thinking about the week ahead. Quite honestly, I'm kind of dreading it. But I think if I can make it to Friday it should all be alright. Here's what my To Do list looks like:

Monday:
~Wash and sort MOUNTAIN of laundry
~Finish and package shoe orders
~Ship shoes (if Aaron gets home in time with the car)
~Reschedule cancer surgery
~Deliver birthday invites to neighbors
~Get groceries
~Shop for Preschool/party items

Tuesday:
~Preschool @ 9 (give out invites to kids)
~Clean kids' rooms
~Get items for Scouts
~Write up Scout skit/ make copies
~Baby appointment @4
~Work on shoes (?)

Wednesday:
~Clean play room
~Finish shoes
~Scouts @ 5
~Help Aaron clean kitchen & bathrooms

Thursday:
~Preschool/ Party @ 9
~Brent's family arrives
~Order birthday cake (if haven't already)
~Clean master bedroom

Friday:
~Finish arrangements for party
~Birthday lunch @ Red Robin
~Make up spare room for Mom & Dad

Saturday:
~Scout Pack meeting @ 11
~Mom, Dad & Jennifer arrive
~Birthday Party @ 4
~Collapse

Crazy, right? We're doing TWO parties. Pyper came up with a guest list of a dozen kids to invite, and of course I couldn't bring myself to tell her who could or couldn't come because our house just won't hold that many kids- PLUS our own family, PLUS Brent's family of five, PLUS my parents and sister. And I can't count on the weather to be nice enough to let us have the party outside sooo... we're splitting it up. Since this week is my turn to teach preschool, I thought I'd incorporate a birthday party into our lesson on Thursday so her preschool friends can be included in her birthday. Then on Saturday (when all of our out of town guests have arrived) we'll have another party for her neighbors/church friends/relatives to attend. Sound good? I must be out of my freakin' mind. And yes, I'm still on "mild bed rest". Don't tell my midwife.




2 comments:

Amy S. said...

Sarah, my first thought is, "slow down!" but I know how it is in mommy world...impossible.
Pyper looks so cute stuffing that pinata. Joni was the same way a few weeks ago when we had her "Utah birthday". I hope she has two great celebrations...you'll have to tell us all about it.

Kory Jane said...

I am still giggling thinking of her choice of Pinata...Optimus Prime? That is great.