Thursday, October 2, 2008

Not dead, just lazy

I acknowledge my slackness and say to you, "So what?" My life is kinda boring at the moment, but I'll share a little of our boringness anyway. :)

Well, it was fun while it lasted, but I think we're back to one car. At least for a while. Driving home from work on Tuesday (thank goodness this never happens to me, right?) Aaron said the Oldsmobile started doing its stupid shaking like mad then cutting off thing again. He dropped off his fellow carpooler (who I'm sure was relieved that they actually made it to her house) and drove it straight to Midas. It was late in the afternoon, so I drove down to pick him up and we left the Olds for them to look at the next day. Turns out it'd cost $1200 to fix it, and since we don't have that kind of money just laying around we decided to bring the car home and park it. Sheesh, now we're wishing we could get back all the money we've spent on the thing over the past couple of years and just get rid of it.

I think we'll be able to make sharing a car work again, though. I really only need it to get Pyper and her friend from preschool on Tuesdays and Thursdays (friend's mom picks her up to take her there) and to get to baby appointments. And since Aaron is carpooling every other day, he can just have the other gal drive on the days that I need our car, and then they can take turns on Fridays. I'll just have to schedule baby appointments on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Hello? Still awake? Riveting stuff, I know. But wait, there's more.

I am now about 15 1/2 weeks along and things are starting to get better. After my last post my queasiness and headaches returned, but I think now that might be letting up for real this time. Had a quick checkup on Monday and things seem to be going okay- baby's heartbeat is strong, my blood pressure is good, etc. But due to some ... Okay literally, I just had to run to the bathroom to be sick. How weird! That's only the second time I've actually thrown up this whole pregnancy. At least this time I was at home. Well, scratch what I said up there. Now I'm all shaky. I better go eat something.

Anyway, where was I? Oh, yeah. Due to some recent spotting and a little crampiness, the midwife asked me to be more careful and rest more than I have been. I guess I haven't been taking my bedrest seriously, but now I'm trying hard not to overdo it. Then after the car bit the dust I felt pressure to get us some extra money, so Aaron and I pulled out our old dining set that I'd recently refinished and took some pictures to post on Craigslist. We wiped down the dust from the chairs, I touched up the paint a little, added some felt pads to the bottoms of the legs then put the table together with its leaves to take photos. Yes, too much. I felt it pretty quickly and Aaron made me sit down. I had to cancel Webelos for that night because I just didn't think I could do it. I still got the pictures I wanted, though, and got it listed for sale. Hopefully someone will take it off our hands soon and we'll have a little more cash. Pretty, no?
Let's see, what else... Oh, Aaron gets to take a quick trip to Omaha on Sunday. His work is sending him there for the Frozen Vegetable Summit on Monday. It's only a few hours long, so he'll fly in Sunday evening then fly home Monday evening. Like I said, quick. For those of you who don't know, Aaron served his mission in the Omaha, Nebraska mission and I think he's interested to see how much has changed.

Lastly, I think my skin cancer is back. I have a small spot on my forehead right on top of my scar from my last skin cancer removal that's just not going away. I called the office where I had that procedure done 3 years ago and the nurse said that it's very likely that it's new cancer, since they removed all of what was there before. I guess that's just a weak spot on my body. So I made an appointment with the same guy to have him take this off for me. The things I had removed at the office here weren't cancer, but I wasn't at all happy with the job they did in sewing me up. They healed really ugly and since this spot is on my face, I'd rather go to someone who I know will do a good job. So anyway, we'll be headed to Rexburg on October 23rd and I'll get it removed on the 24th. He'll treat it as though it is cancer, being sure to get it all then testing it later to make sure none got left behind. Hopefully he gets it all in one go. That'll be no fun, but it'll be nice to go back and visit. Hakan and I haven't been back since July, and now that Kimberly and Kelli are there I hope to get to see them both.

Well, enough boredom for now. Hopefully I'll have something more exciting to write about next time.

2 comments:

Jared and Tara said...

the table looks really good, i doubt you'll have trouble getting rid of it. keep trying to take it easy (although that's probably pretty hard with 2 kids)

Kory Jane said...

Boy if that is a boring week I would hate to find out what a busy one would be for you. At least you have a great excuse to put your husband to work huh?