This post is being written for the sole purpose of allowing me to whimper, whine, complain and generally belly-ache. If this annoys you, read no further.
Today I drove down to my dermatologist's office to have some minor surgery done to remove a couple of moles. (I know, I know, ew.) Of course I wasn't looking forward to this visit, but it's something that needed to be done and I've been through it before. You may recall that about 2 1/2 years ago I had a few things biopsied and discovered that I had skin cancer on my forehead which left me with a nice, neat scar above my right eye. Well, I'd only gone back for a check-up once since then and figured I was long overdue for another. At my first visit I pointed out an area on my right calf that I wanted removed simply because it was ugly, and the doctor found one on my back that she thought looked suspicious. The actual surgery was about as pleasant as could be expected considering the needles, knives, scissors and sutures involved, and I was on my way within an hour with the instructions not to shower for 2 days. Joy. She'd written me two prescriptions, one for an antibiotic to help prevent infection (apparently wounds below the knee tend to be more susceptible to infection because of lower circulation) and one for some pain medicine. Honestly, I didn't really think I'd be needing the pain meds, but I decided to pick them both up anyway. I mean, how much could it hurt later, really? Everything was sewn up and bandaged and, geez, what does she think I am, a wuss?? Well, no sooner had I gotten home from the Pharmacy than I was looking at that bottle of pills like they were made of chocolate. Mmmm... maybe just half of one? But I waited because I wanted it to take it closer to bedtime and hopefully last me through the night. My back was really starting to kill and my leg was itching and burning like crazy! You may not realize, but these aren't just tiny little cuts they make. I saw the one on my leg before they bandaged me and it's close to 2" long with a dozen or so stitches. Not sure about the one on my back. They also had to do 2 layers of stitches. The deep layer will dissolve, and the top layer will get taken out in a week.
Well, I broke out the trusty ice packs and tried to watch some TV, but I finally caved and took one of the pills. Now the pain is a little duller, but I'm not feeling sleepy yet. My vision gets a little blurry now and then, but that may just be because it's midnight and I'm writing a very long, very boring, very
whiney post about something I'm sure no one else on the planet cares one iota about. But guess what-- this is my blog and I can write whatever I bloody well want to!!!
*sniff* My owies hurt.
Okay, starting to feel a little groggy now... and nauseous... wish I'd eaten something when I took that blasted pill...
Well, I broke out the trusty ice packs and tried to watch some TV, but I finally caved and took one of the pills. Now the pain is a little duller, but I'm not feeling sleepy yet. My vision gets a little blurry now and then, but that may just be because it's midnight and I'm writing a very long, very boring, very
whiney post about something I'm sure no one else on the planet cares one iota about. But guess what-- this is my blog and I can write whatever I bloody well want to!!!
*sniff* My owies hurt.
Okay, starting to feel a little groggy now... and nauseous... wish I'd eaten something when I took that blasted pill...
3 comments:
I am so sorry about your hurts. I need to go and get all my lovely moles checked. I have a lot thanks to genetics and should get them checked. But I keep procrastinating. Thanks a lot, now I really don't want to go. But I hope that you feel better soon.
Sad to hear you have owies. Never fun. My family has gone through those kinds of things and they're never fun. Good job for getting checked and staying on top of those things. Also sad to hear about Haken's binky murder but glad it is going well. I gave Morgan a binky the first day and he LOVES it and I have no problem with it.
I'm working on the switch from bottle to sippy-cup right now. I think I'm having a harder time with the whole thing. Any suggestions?
aww i'm sorry about your boo boos... those are no fun. last night when i got home from my music trip, i got in the shower and found 6 new bruises on me. and i only know where one of them came from... yikes! but yeah i agree with you on the blog thing... i use it to complain on, because i can't find my journal! haha well, get well soon!
Post a Comment