Monday, April 28, 2008

Weirdness


I'm sure many of you are familiar with the film "Enchanted" starring Amy Adams as Princess Giselle? I haven't seen it myself, but am somewhat acquainted with the story via commercials, previews and reports from friends and family who either loved or hated it. Well, on Saturday I attended a church activity and was being introduced to some of the ladies by the woman who'd given me a ride. When I approached one girl who seemed to be about my age, the first thing she said was, "Have you seen the movie 'Enchanted'?" A little bewildered, I replied that I hadn't but knew what movie she was talking about. She then went on to tell me that the first time my family and I came to church, her 5 year old daughter got all excited and said, "Mommy, Princess Giselle is here!" It took me a second but I finally made the connection- I knew it must be the hair.

Then on Sunday at church I was sitting on our pew trying to listen to the speaker when I noticed a little girl about 2 rows ahead turn around and look at me over and over. I glanced at her and smiled a couple of times but she kept looking. Then she whispered something to her mother (whom I'd met a few weeks ago) so she turned to look as well. Her mom smiled at me then nodded and whispered something back to her little girl. Later, in another class, this mother says to me, "Grace noticed you and says you're the 'Enchanted' girl." I just laughed and shook my head, blushing like an idiot.

This must be a popular movie, and apparently redheads are rare around here. Don't get me wrong, I think Amy Adams is lovely and really don't mind being compared to her (though it's really, really embarrassing), but apart from the hair color I don't see any resemblance. On both occasions all I could manage in response was to blush like mad and shake my head. Well, now I've got to go and get this movie... and maybe a fluffy white dress and tiara. :)

3 comments:

Kory Jane said...

Now that you mention it, I could see where you could be seen as her. I bet the little girls were just in awe with you, being a princess and all!!!

Beth, Cody, Morgan, Pepper, Hazel said...

Your hair is quite amazing and nothing to blush over. When the Incredibles came out Cody kept getting told he looked like Mr. Incredible. You never know if you should be happy about those kinds of comparisons but I think in your case it is a good thing!

Jennifer said...

haha that's cute! i'm pretty sure that being mistaken for a princess is NOT the worst thing that could happen in a new town! haha