Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Back on the Blog Wagon

Master Bedroom

Pyper's Room

Hakan's Room

Living Room (from the breakfast nook)

Living Room

Living Room (from the front door)

Breakfast Nook, painted in my favorite blue

Our pretty little Kitchen
I miss my fridge. :,(


Well, this is my second attempt at blogging and hopefully this one will be a little more successful. I've always been fascinated by this sort of virtual, interactive, public journal-keeping and decided to give it a try about a year ago. At first it was meant to be geared towards my crafting/shoemaking business that I'd just started, but soon became my place to vent or rant or brag about my kids and family. Then the posts became fewer and farther between, and finally I just decided that it wasn't worth the $10 a month I was spending to write in it every other month. Recently, though, I've been re-inspired by my cousins and have really enjoyed being able to see photos of them and their babies and to read a little about what's going on in their lives. So, thanks
Megan, Tara & Taylor!

I realized today that we moved into this house in Caldwell a month ago, leaving behind our home in Rexburg to (hopefully) sell without us living there. We went back this past week to finish clearing our things out of the basement and garage, and it made me a little sad to see our pretty lawn coming out from under the snow and to know that we won't get to enjoy it again. I looked at the playset that Aaron & his Dad built for our kids, sitting there looking all lonely and wishing they could go play on it one more time. I've cried more than once since we've moved, missing our house and our neighborhood, missing the town where we'd made so many memories and wishing I could feel as comfortable here as I did there. But, I've begun to realize that it took almost 8 years to get that comfortable and that we have the chance to make just as many fond memories here. Almost without meaning to, we've taken a big step in our lives by moving away from Rexburg and it's kind of scary not knowing where that step is going to lead us. Wow, I really didn't intend to get all weepy and serious when I started writing that. I just wanted to put a few pictures of our Rexburg house on here since most of you never got to come see it.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's a very beautiful house too - I can see why you are sad to leave it. Change is good however and you will make new memories!

Megan G said...

Your home is gorgeous!! You certainly have the eye for design... I need to hire you to decorate my house someday!