Zombies already...
Like Father, like daughter. (playing 'Halo' on Xbox)
Despite my efforts and intentions, I caved. Last night after eating dinner at a restaraunt- my tummy full and feeling happy- I asked Aaron if he'd rather wait until Friday for his big gift or get it now. Of course, he wanted it now. What did I expect? He doesn't like surprises and doesn't like waiting for anything that he doesn't have to wait for. If you ask him why he insists on finding out the sex of our kids before they're born, he says, "It's just as big a surprise at 5 months as it is at the end of 9." I guess I let him decide because I didn't think it was fair to make him wait, just because that's what I wanted.
So, even though I didn't have the poem with me, I had it memorized and wrote it down on a piece of paper that I had in my purse. When he got to the the "Xbox or Playstation" part, he let out a happy "Ha!" and kept reading. He didn't say anything when he was done. I asked if he was disappointed and he said no, but I still couldn't figure out why I'd gotten such a muted reaction. So I asked for the paper back and wrote at the bottom "Part B: There will be $X entering our bank account in 3-5 business days." That day I had received several payments for some wholesale baby shoe orders that he hadn't known about, and had transfered it from Paypal to our bank earlier in the day. This got a smile and he seemed relieved. These game thingies are kind of expensive, so his initial reaction was because he wasn't sure how he could get one right now without sacrificing something more important. What a responsible guy. :)
After dinner we drove over to Wal-Mart and he got himself an Xbox, 2 wireless controllers, a universal remote (because it's also a DVD player), and 2 games. I drove home so he could read the manual and as soon as we arrived he hooked it up and was playing within 15 minutes. I thought he'd be up all night with it, but he actually came to bed at a reasonable hour. Hopefully, this continues to be the trend...
No comments:
Post a Comment